top of page
landlord gsc.jpg
reminder sag safe.jpg

Landlords Gas Safety Certificates (CP12) / Homeowner Certificates


​Need a Landlords Gas Safety Certificate, Homeowners Gas Safety Certificate or buying a new home and want a report on the condition of the gas appliances? If the answer is yes then call GM Gas Services on 01772 612080​​ today.

For all Landlords Gas Safety Certificates HSE advise the following.... 
As a landlord, you are responsible for the safety of your tenants.


The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 deal with landlords’ duties to make sure gas appliances, fittings and flues provided for tenants are safe. You are responsible for the maintenance and repair of flues,appliances and pipework which you own and have provided for your tenants use by a Gas Safe registered engineer. Although there is no prescribed time frame for these duties, good practice would be the demonstration of regular, annual maintenance checks and subsequent repairs. You are also responsible for ensuring an annual gas safety check is carried out within 12 months of the installation of a new appliance or flue which you provide and annually thereafter by a Gas Safe Registered engineer. You must keep a record of the safety check for 2 years and issue a copy to each existing tenant within 28 days of the check being completed and issue a copy to any new tenants before they move in.

Use the Gas Safe "Stay Safe" link above to remind yourself to get your appliances checked.

bottom of page